PyroTex® is an engineered Acrylic fiber and clearly surpasses currently accepted standards. Because of its inherent properties it is not comparable to any of the other FR fibers on the market. For example:
- Flame resistant – the LOI is 43%
- Acid and Alkaline resistant
- UV resistant
- Resistant against solvents, hydrolysis and oxidizing agents
- Heat resistant up to 250°C (480°F)
Other properties of PyroTex® are:
- does not melt nor drip
- does not smoke
- does not produce toxic fumes
- is dyeable (also available in dope dyed)
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Class I
- REACH → pass
- CPSIA → pass
- Berry Amendment → compliant
We neither use antimony nor halogens or bromides in our process!
- protective apparel (all layers)
- public transportation (airplane, bus, train)
- buildings (contract textiles/sunprotection)
- technical/industrial applications (covers, inlay)
As fiber in bales of 220kg (485lbs) in 2.0 - 2.5 - 3.5den and cut lengths between 10-120mm (0.8-4.4in) according to customer specifications.
Processable on all spinning systems and as non-woven.